Jonas Buchli`s recent post of a panoramic photo on the paragliding forum set me hunting for some 3D Panorama software. If you have some digital photos that can be arranged to make a panorama I would love to get my hands on them and add them to the site. It would be nice to build a small collection of paragliding launch sited from around the world...
A shot of Annecy - by Jonas Buchli More of his great panoramas
These panoramas are interactive. You can look up, down, left, right as well as zoom in and out
press the buttons and click and drag.
More paragliding panoramas...
Col de la Forclaz launch (overlooking Annecy)
Entrevernes launch (overlooking Lake Annecy)
Annecy (St Victor)
Verbier - Les Attelas
Take-off Jaman, above Montreux in Switzerland
Half way to Tesuque peak, Santa Fe, USA
Mount Washington - Finger Lakes, US
Mount Washington - Finger Lakes, US (camp area behind launch)
Niagara Escarpment - viewed from the air
More coming soon...
Want to create your own 3D panoramas?
Grab a digital camera and get snapping.
1. Take all photos from a single vantage point, preferably using a tripod.
2. Make sure your photos overlap and complete a 360degree view.
3. Visit the autostitch website and download the superb free software that will build your panorama for you.
4. Get a 3D player, such as Photo Vista Panorama.
5. View your new 3D Paorama in all its glory!